Unoccupied for over 50 years, this original 1880s double front Victorian is an unpolished gem in a prime dress circle location, just 1 block from the historic Botanical Gardens. Posing many possibilities, ‘Rothsay’ is unliveable in its current form, but the 6 principal rooms, original high ceilings and Baltic pine floors offer a rare opportunity to capitalise on what is one of the last unrenovated homes in the highly revered ‘bluestone precinct’ between the Campaspe River and Piper Street.
• Untouched period home to renovate or completely redevelop (STCA)
• The home is ideally positioned on the 1,030 sqm block – off to one side and at the front
• Worn out exterior and interior is in need of renovation
• A flexible single-level layout featuring many original period fixtures
• Generous backyard with convenient side access from a crossover
• Four bright bedrooms, central bathroom, living area and kitchen
• A private north facing backyard includes a lock-up storage shed on a concrete floor
• Stroll along the popular river walk, and to the many cafes, restaurants, and supermarkets Walking distance to the train station which gets you to Southern Cross Station in 1 hour.
Zoning: Neighbourhood Residential (NRZ)
Council Rates: $581 per quarter approx
Water Rates: $221 pe quarter approx
** We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.