Serene, well maintained surroundings, provide a peaceful and inspiring backdrop for this 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom family home that delivers light and space in equal measure. Within Kyneton’s revered Golf Course precinct, the Sunshine McKay gateway, manicured sweeping driveway and clusters of granite boulders create a unique sense of place.
Thoughtfully designed with an entry vestibule separating the 4 bedrooms from the kitchen and entertaining area, there is a separate office / tv room to unwind, and there are pleasing vistas from every room through double glazed windows. A stone fireplace acts as a centrepiece in the huge living area that allows for intimate family gatherings or entertaining on a large scale.
However, this is a property that truly celebrates the importance of family and the outdoors: as well as the quintessentially Australian wrap around verandah, which keeps the house cool in summer, there is an expansive 8 x 5 metre pergola and bbq area that can host numerous birthdays and get togethers. All set amidst sprawling, north/east facing, park-like surrounds and majestic gum trees – where echidnas burrow among the rocks and the yard is frequented by a friendly wallaby.
• 2.8m (9 ft) ceilings with decorative cornices
• Inbuilt ceiling speakers in the living room and alfresco area
• Generous storage throughout and oversize grand rooms
• Cheminees Phillippe cast iron wood heater
• Automated Sunshine McKay gateway
• Master bedroom with ensuite and WIR and bedroom 2 and 3 with BIRs
• 80sqm Colourbond shed with power and concrete floor
• 20 ft shipping container used as a workshed
• 1 hectare (2.3 acre) paddock
• Drip irrigation system in the garden beds and raised vegetable garden
• Working antique drinking fountain
• Pop up lawn sprinkler system
• 67,500 litre rainwater tank and potable bore connected to a 22,500 litre tank
Properties of this nature are tightly held for a reason. Just a casual stroll to Bald Hill Reserve or the Golf Course, this is a nature lover’s delight. And Kyneton’s schools, boutiques and dining destinations are 6 minutes by car, as is the express V-Line service. Bendigo is 40 minutes north, and Ballarat and Melbourne are reached easily in 1 hour.
** We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable, however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.